Votes: 4 4.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at all the new members joining the K1600Forum I started wondering how many of the "old Timers" are still around since the bike was announced in July 2010, unveiled at the Intermot motorcycle show in Cologne in October 2010, and went on sale in March 2011. I put a deposit on mine the day after the Cologne show and took delivery in June 2011.

I joined this forum in November 2010, When did you join.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Had to look at my avatar

·
Premium Member
5,784 Posts
Soon after purchasing my bike in May of 2012. I had been on other motorcycle forums with previously owned bikes so I knew the benefits of joining forums.

·
Premium Member
3,815 Posts
April 2012

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
I lucked out and found this forum immediately after purchasing my first 1600 in October of 2012. I've learned a ton from so many who know so much more than me. I've also dropped a pretty fair sum of money on farkles I had no idea I needed! Thanks (I think)! :wink:

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
Sept, 2012. I joined a year before I bought the '13. Wasn't sure what I wanted and was researching a few models.

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Since our avatars include the join date, I think we only need to submit our vote on the initial screen of this thread. I joined the BMW LT forum 7 months after buying my LT in June 2012, after a 25 year hiatus from riding. :bmw:

·
Premium Member
4,840 Posts
I joined several months before my 1600GT arrived in January 2012. This forum greatly contributed to my enjoyment while I owned it.

·
Registered
418 Posts
06/27/2013, after purchasing my K1600GT in May 2013. I wish I had found the forum prior to purchase, not that it would have changed my mind in the purchase, but I might have broken my bike in according to recommendations on the forum instead of what the manual said.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
January 2017 for me, why is due to a recently retired friend called me to drink some coffee and do some talking. Both of us live in Michigan, so we have plenty of time for this right now. He has gotten into long distance motorcycling big time and was hoping I might join him. since I used to ride on a BMW 1200C. He told me of a new purchase of Golf Wing and bike's electronics really failing for him after 3 months. The multi- bike dealership gave him an HD ultra glide to ride while it was being worked on. He ended up trading in the GW and bought an HD. He has put 27k on the bike in the last two years without any issues. He has left the bike total stock as far as engine and pipes (very rare for an HD purchase). Yes, he stated it was not the most prudent financial decision, however the miles traveled make up for $$$$$. So now I'm researching the K1600 GTL and this site has been fantastic. It will all depend on the test ride when spring finally returns.

·
Premium Member
5,784 Posts
January 2017 for me, why is due to a recently retired friend called me to drink some coffee and do some talking. Both of us live in Michigan, so we have plenty of time for this right now. He has gotten into long distance motorcycling big time and was hoping I might join him. since I used to ride on a BMW 1200C. He told me of a new purchase of Golf Wing and bike's electronics really failing for him after 3 months. The multi- bike dealership gave him an HD ultra glide to ride while it was being worked on. He ended up trading in the GW and bought an HD. He has put 27k on the bike in the last two years without any issues. He has left the bike total stock as far as engine and pipes (very rare for an HD purchase). Yes, he stated it was not the most prudent financial decision, however the miles traveled make up for $$$$$. So now I'm researching the K1600 GTL and this site has been fantastic. It will all depend on the test ride when spring finally returns.
Don't take your buddy along for the test ride as he might take one too and then be unhappy about his HD purchase :wink: Just kidding, I see more HDs on the open road than any other make but then there are a lot of them in America. Have fun on your test ride and take your check book along, you will need it.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts