BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys
Looking for a canadian place to get Castrol engine oil and some parts like air filter.

I ll get my new used bike Saturday and wanted to get some new fluids, filter and a good overall look over. I m well equipped and can do most of the maintenance on the bikes I ve owned. The bike has 25 000km on it. It s a 2014 GT

Been looking for that Castrol power 1 5w40 but can't find any so as the air filter. Might end up at the dealer.

Any inputs?

Thx

·
Mr.Fix It
6,871 Posts
Suggest you get a K&N air filter, cost about $44.00 down here. It'll be the only one you ever have to change.

Duane

Reactions: BMWGuy

·
Steve's Brother
6,238 Posts
Suggest you get a K&N air filter, cost about $44.00 down here. It'll be the only one you ever have to change.

Duane
Duane,
I forgot to snag the K&N air filter I had in my 2012 bike when I sold it. :frown: Where are you finding them for $44?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thx guys
Always had K&N filters on my vehicules in the past. Might go that way again. Amazon .com is obviously more generous than Amazon.ca
I m stuck with the canadian version sadly

·
Mr.Fix It
6,871 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
All - you may want to spend some time reviewing Dave's excellent tests and reports re: oil and air filters - on BestRest Products: https://bestrestproducts.com/

Especially before buying the least expensive filter...

·
Steve's Brother
6,238 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
any comments on Liqui moly brands. They look available about everywhere up here

Thx

·
Steve's Brother
6,238 Posts
You need to make sure the oil you buy is compatible for motorcycles with wet clutches. The wrong additives wil not allow the clutch to hook up..

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey guys,

After searching for castrol and considering amsoil, i ve decided to call the local BMW dealer. Well guest what.....motorrad oil is cheaper than amsoil and Castrol.

So I m all good to dress the bike up again since I thorn it apart the moment I entered the garage to clean it and make it ready for the season

I know I m a bit crazy

·
Mr.Fix It
6,871 Posts
@Derry, I'll throw the flag and call BS! :) Please prove me wrong; where are you getting K1600 synthetic oil from a BMW dealer for <$6.00 a quart?

Duane

Reactions: Geoff_3

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lolll

Those are canadian dollars but Castrol 10w50 was 17.00$ so I figured 5w40 was about the same. Amsoil 10w40 was 16.50$
So I called the dealer and asked.

He told me they have it in quart only at 15.00$ each

So I m going Thursday and if he told me wrong, I ll beat the sh....out of him In the back store

I ll let you know

Derry

·
Steve's Brother
6,238 Posts
Gunnert was quoting prices for Castrol on American Amazon so in Canada you are probably correct.

Reactions: Geoff_3

·
Upside Down
1,183 Posts
Iam not sure about oil as we cant import anything like that into Australia. But! I have bought ome BMW parts on the eBay store the store's name is Moto-Ula264 and in Germany. They saved me around 50% on a top case brake light and it is an OME BMW Brake light . Might help you in getting cheaper parts, I hope it helps in some way.

·
Upside Down
1,183 Posts
Not that we can get oil or anything similar into the country here as an individual but I have forum Amazon useless as every time I have looked at their store and wanted something they claim it cant be bought or sold in Australia. I know you guys can get things overseas but here in Oz Amazon can bite me lol.As they are useless.:wink::smile::grin:

Reactions: bikerj
1 - 16 of 16 Posts