BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
I sewed a velcro band on to my sleeve, and used velcro strapping with hook on one side and loop on the other (12 foot roll from Lowe's, $10). Thread a couple of feet through the loops on the Spot, stick it to the sleeve, wrap the velcro around my sleeve and stick it to itself. Over 360 degrees of attachment, and where I go, Spot goes.

·
Flying Dutchman
177 Posts

I put my Spot 3 in the tank bag, under the transparent cover. This way the lights don't bother me and I can easily press the buttons when needed.

·
Registered
6,236 Posts
A few IBRs ago, there was a rider who'd gotten herself way down a dirt path, had some trouble with the bike, and was running out of options as the dark and cold encroached.

Those who were watching her SPOT track noticed that she'd been stuck in one place way too long and sent out the search party. They found her bike and her SPOT, but not her.

Eventually, she came wandering back down the mountain to everyone's surprise. Apparently, she'd hiked further up and found some old building to spend the night in, but hadn't though to take her SPOT with her...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Like many, use the In Reach and its always in one of my ADV jackets. Never on the bike The Klim Badlands Jacket has a pouch for it on the upper arm. However, I wanted to make a point that I didn't see here, make sure you test it prior to leaving for the trip. I updated my messages to match the trip I was taking recently. Then tested with the wife to make sure she got the message and the link to Goggle Maps. All good, but test before you travel is my motto.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts