BMW K1600 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Revzilla, best place to buy. I ordered 4 Angel GT tires (2 rear and 2 front) and they were delivered after 2 days to my Miami shipper (I live in Guatemala). Just got them, I will review them in separate post.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would like to know what would be good tires for traveling on a bit of gravel. I am going on a trip with my bother who has a 1200GSA, so there may be some back roads. Any suggestions, other than buy a 1200GSA.

·
Premium Member
3,075 Posts
Revzilla, best place to buy. I ordered 4 Angel GT tires (2 rear and 2 front) and they were delivered after 2 days to my Miami shipper (I live in Guatemala). Just got them, I will review them in separate post.
I think Revzilla is a great supplier. I buy a lot of stuff from them. I understand they will drop ship tires to your dealer for mounting which is convenient. HOWEVER, Jake Wilson sells the Pirelli Angel GT's much cheaper than Revzilla with tires arriving in 3 days. Have some in transit now.

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Getting a front PR4GT installed/balanced for $185 plus tax. That's with me bringing the wheel in already off the bike. Local Des Moines shop called Cycle Clinic.
I think thats outrageous! :eek:

I bring in the wheels off my bike and get front & rear tires mounted and balanced for less than $80.00 at my local BMW dealer.

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
I think thats outrageous! :eek:

I bring in the wheels off my bike and get front & rear tires mounted and balanced for less than $80.00 at my local BMW dealer.
That includes the tire. $160 for the tire and $25 for the mount and balance. Just the front. PR4 GT.

·
Premium Member
2,768 Posts
A couple of weeks ago I ordered a set of PR4GT's from Rocky Mountain ATV. 340. 79 and they were at my door in 3 days. I first tried to order through Revzilla but the fronts weren't available, at that time. I just now did a little price comparison of Revzilla and Rocky Mountain ATV for PR4GT's. Revzilla: front 158. 05 rear 228.38. Rocky Mountain: front 140.99 rear 199.99. Total from Revzilla 386.43 Rocky Mountain ATV 340.98 (this is close to what I paid a couple of weeks ago). Same tires, both have free shipping and both have fast delivery.

Edit: Revzilla does offer Zilla cash so, depending on what you buy, you may get a little savings on your next purchase. At this time I have 10 bucks worth of Zilla cash. Personally, I kind of like the old fashion way of just paying a good price and be done with it.

·
Premium Member
2,768 Posts
Yeah, but your tire changing guy is way expensive Steve!!
Your cost at your dealership looks like a really good deal.
My tire changing guy is me and I always give myself a great discount :D
Yes, the mounting/balance cost at my dealership is 50 bucks per tire (and that's if I buy my tires from them). That's why I have a No-Mar.
There is a Cycle Gear in town that will mount/balance. Last year I took a tire and my wheel in for them to change and it was 35. Two trips across town over a two day time span for delivery/pickup. I go through about 3 sets of tires (well, at least 3 rear tires) a year so having my own tire changer pays for itself in a short time. Plus, I don't have to make an appointment. I'm always open when needed. :)

·
Premium Member
5,971 Posts
Your cost at your dealership looks like a really good deal.
My tire changing guy is me and I always give myself a great discount :D
Yes, the mounting/balance cost at my dealership is 50 bucks per tire (and that's if I buy my tires from them). That's why I have a No-Mar.
There is a Cycle Gear in town that will mount/balance. Last year I took a tire and my wheel in for them to change and it was 35. Two trips across town over a two day time span for delivery/pickup. I go through about 3 sets of tires (well, at least 3 rear tires) a year so having my own tire changer pays for itself in a short time. Plus, I don't have to make an appointment. I'm always open when needed. :)
I've bought and drop shipped several tires to Steve's the past year or so and had him install them for free :gm although driving 1,200 miles, one way, to get it done kind of sucks :eek: but hey any excuse for a putt :k16:.

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
A&S in Sacramento (my local dealer) will match internet prices. Just ordered Dunlop RSII's. $152.98 rear - $110.12 front.

I've heard great reviews for these tires, and the price is certainly right!

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
A&S in Sacramento (my local dealer) will match internet prices. Just ordered Dunlop RSII's. $152.98 rear - $110.12 front.

I've heard great reviews for these tires, and the price is certainly right!

:gm:gm:gm

·
Registered
14 Posts
new tires

i just bought a set of RP4 GT's for my 2013 GTL. our local Powersports shop matched any internet price I got and installed for free. did a nice job.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I just bought a set of Pilot Road 4s from Rocky Mountain ATV, and not only did I get the best price, but also got $16 in RM Cash to spend on something else. Plus their shipping speed was incredible. I live in Indiana, ordered them about 2:15 in the afternoon, and had them by 10:15 the next morning! I would highly recommend them for tires or anything else!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Michelin Pilot Road 4 GT Radial

Discount Moto Tires
best price as of 6/14/2016 - $343.90 for both pr4 gt's
Order Summary
Michelin Pilot Road 4 GT Radial Rear Motorcycle Tire
$183.95-$195.95 (1)
Size190/55ZR-17 (75W)
SKU27131
$195.95