BMW K1600 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
Check your local dealer. The Internet has changed how businesses operate to remain profitable. My dealer (Cross Country BMW) was only $30 more than the cheapest Internet deal I could find. Something else to concider is, many places that mount tires, will only mount ones they sell.

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
Might be nice to also have at the beginning of the thread a summarization of the recommended tires. There are sooooooo many threads on the subject but it sounds like it comes down to a top 3 or 4 models. Some best for rain, some best for mileage, some best on dry and mixture.

·
Premium Member
5,208 Posts
Don't forget Revzilla or BikeBandit.
I just ordered a new set Angel GT A-Spec's

Revzilla price was 350 bucks, free shipping.

Jake Wilsons price was 299.00 bucks with free shipping. It pays to check around. They (JW) just sent me a link to their site to fill out the form for a free Nilox Portable Battery Charger offered by Pirelli as a rebate. Once I get it filled out they will send it in for me with a copy of my receipt.

·
Registered
522 Posts
$299.87 USD to Rocky Mountain ATV*MC

Free Shipping

Description Unit price Qty Amount
120/70ZR-17 (58W) Pirelli Angel GT Front -A- Spec Motorcycle Tire - Front - 2012 BMW K1600GTL
Item# 1588270001 $129.99 USD 1 $129.99 USD
190/55ZR-17 (75W) Pirelli Angel GT Rear -A- Spec Motorcycle Tire
Item# 1424050003 $169.88 USD 1 $169.88 USD
Subtotal $299.87 USD
Total $299.87 USD

·
Premium Member
5,208 Posts
$299.87 USD to Rocky Mountain ATV*MC

Free Shipping

Description Unit price Qty Amount
120/70ZR-17 (58W) Pirelli Angel GT Front -A- Spec Motorcycle Tire - Front - 2012 BMW K1600GTL
Item# 1588270001 $129.99 USD 1 $129.99 USD
190/55ZR-17 (75W) Pirelli Angel GT Rear -A- Spec Motorcycle Tire
Item# 1424050003 $169.88 USD 1 $169.88 USD
Subtotal $299.87 USD
Total $299.87 USD
I rounded off but my invoice was the same 299.87 from Jake Wilson.

Jake Wilson and Rocky Mountain ATV are one in the same. Their websites are identical and they show shipping from the same locations. They even have the same pictures on their shipping pages.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I rounded off but my invoice was the same 299.87 from Jake Wilson.

Jake Wilson and Rocky Mountain ATV are one in the same. Their websites are identical and they show shipping from the same locations. They even have the same pictures on their shipping pages.
I did not know that. Thanks.

These prices are great.

·
Premium Member
2,283 Posts
News to me too. Am always learning on this forum.

·
Premium Member
5,208 Posts
I did not know that. Thanks.

These prices are great.
News to me too. Am always learning on this forum.
Well... I'd like to pass it off like it was common knowledge but I just figured it out a couple days ago myself. Same web sites, same pictures, same shipping locations, even the same check out, one offers JW cash and the other RM cash :dunno:

·
Premium Member
1,680 Posts
I just ordered a new set Angel GT A-Spec's

Revzilla price was 350 bucks, free shipping.
I just did the same, which is a repeat of my last order so I had a $15 credit.

I also signed up for a tire changing class at a local "Moto Guild". I'll bring my wheels with me and learn how to use their machine. Next time I'll be able to do it myself. Sounds like fun.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Before we get too carried away here - hopefully you at least check with your local motorcycle shop first. My in store prices are often the same or sometimes even less than the websites, and while yes you will have to pay tax, last time I checked the website can't mount your tires for you. If everyone stopped buying parts locally then pretty soon there will be no local labor left either!

And to the dealers who charge full retail and don't budge,
I agree I have found in most cases in the past my dealership has always looked after me price wise and if you take fitting and balancing into account then the cost of labour they have been fantastic. Plus if you have a problem you can always go back to them to have it sorted.
Cheers
Geoff

·
Registered
284 Posts
Agreed, my dealer is very competitive on tire prices. It's not worth saving only a few $ (generally about $20 for the PR 4 GT). Labor is a bit steep at $120. I have an independent tire guy who will install for about $90, but his tire price is too high . Getting all done at the dealership is easier in the long run and not much more $. Might build some good will with the servising dealer too.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
FYI. My favorite tire supplier has just changed their name. Jake Wilson is now Riders Domain. Can't say I like the name, but marketing is marketing.
The old URL jakewilson.com still works, but redirects to ridersdomain.com

·
Registered
397 Posts
FYI. My favorite tire supplier has just changed their name. Jake Wilson is now Riders Domain. Can't say I like the name, but marketing is marketing.
The old URL jakewilson.com still works, but redirects to ridersdomain.com
Interesting - Rocky Mountain ATV (rockymountainatvmc.com), which is another Jake Wilson-owned site, doesn't redirect to Riders Domain - at least not yet.

41 - 60 of 74 Posts