BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

Registered
Don't all models, of all bikes, have a sort of "shift assist?" I've upshifted (rarely, but sometimes, downshifted) without the clutch for a few decades. :p
Just like my electronic $3500 electric trolling motor. Sometimes it works...Sometimes it don't
My 2012GTL lets me know when it don't 馃榿

Registered
Looking to buy a pre owned 1600 GT that had or has no known history of factory defects or mechanical/electrical issues.
I have read some forum members comments about having various types of issues that were repaired under warranty or by the owner themselves.
So, am trying to select the best year of production of 1600 GT to reduce mechanical or electrical issues for future purchase.

I welcome all comments suggestions or recommendations on this model production year to greatly reduce buying a pre owned lemon!
Thanks,

Ninja
I have a 19 GT that is flogged regularly, not one problem.

Registered
Anyything before 2018, when the EU emmissions caused them to 'dumb down' the K (and other) bikes. I've put a Bren Tuning on my bike at a cost of $700+ and put it back to the way my bike was built and designed for. Very happy with that. Terrible in 1st gear, when it came out of the crate.

Registered

Registered
Anyything before 2018, when the EU emmissions caused them to 'dumb down' the K (and other) bikes. I've put a Bren Tuning on my bike at a cost of $700+ and put it back to the way my bike was built and designed for. Very happy with that. Terrible in 1st gear, when it came out of the crate.
My first attempt to fix the throttle response using Brent Tuning mapping, did nothing. I then had Max BMW tune it on the dyno... perfect. Screams out of the turns with excellent throttle control. They have also tuned my GS 1250, and M1000RR. All about the throttle control guys.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts