BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see we have a California regional forum. Very cool. Just wondering how many k1600s there are out here. I’m in the Bay Area, just north of SF. I mainly ride Highway 1 between Stinson and Fort Bragg. Have not seen too many K1600s on the road out here. Lots of GS, Ducati’s , Vintage stuff too. Many bikes in Point Reyes last Sunday, and tons up and down Hiway 1. Weather is incredible right now. Maybe more K bikes further inland?
Just added a 2005 Triumph Bonneville to the stable. Probably be out there next to try something new.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I was just in Bragg a couple weekends ago. Will be back down Labor Day weekend, God willing and the Rona don't rise.

Live in Portland area though.

Zach

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
You might find me on those roads. I live in SF and go up that direction occasionally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
I'm in San Jose and typically ride the Santa Cruz mountains. I would definitely meet ya all for a ride up the coast.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I'm about 30 minutes south of Sac in Galt. Typically ride the mountains but have done Dillons Beach north to Jenner then 116 a couple times. Going through Guerneville was weird :eek:. I would like to head further North up Hwy1 though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm in Sac. I've had my 1600GTL for a couple months now and have been really wanting to take a ride up the north coast. Just got back from a two day trip to Lookout , Ca to visit a friend. It's a little town about an hour east of Redding off 299, nearest actual town is Fall River Mills or Bieber. Man....this bike is fast. I found myself getting very impatient on 299 whenever there was a car in front of me. This bike makes those daring passes on a two lane hwy gravy. I actually may have been in the fine state of Jefferson as my buddy who lives up there was talking about it. He's out there in the stix. Pretty rural area, not a lot to do.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
I am in the East Bay-Concord-- Love the coast rides, will be taking a trip next week through the wine country up 128 through Boonville and then south on 1 for a long weekend at Sea Ranch-- would love to get together for rides--

·
Registered
31 Posts
I am in the East Bay-Concord-- Love the coast rides, will be taking a trip next week through the wine country up 128 through Boonville and then south on 1 for a long weekend at Sea Ranch-- would love to get together for rides--
I just rode 128 this weekend...it was a very nice ride. But an even better road is highway 253 if you don't mind the detour to Ukiah to or from Boonville (it's smooth pavement and fun twisties - it's worth the detour).

Also, there is a swimming hole off of 128 near Philo (next town past Boonville). Here are the coordinates (it's down the street from "Apple Farm":

39°05'07.9"N 123°29'06.3"W
39.085530, -123.485080

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Seems like a nice group riding up and down the coast. Be kind of fun to plan a day in either August or September, and do a long day. Could either start in Point Reyes after breakfast in the garden at Station House, or further north, head up to Fort Bragg or something. The road from the coast up to Legget is super fun, but that’s making for a long day. But I’m up for anything.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
I just rode 128 this weekend...it was a very nice ride. But an even better road is highway 253 if you don't mind the detour to Ukiah to or from Boonville (it's smooth pavement and fun twisties - it's worth the detour).

Also, there is a swimming hole off of 128 near Philo (next town past Boonville). Here are the coordinates (it's down the street from "Apple Farm":

39°05'07.9"N 123°29'06.3"W
39.085530, -123.485080
Thanks for the tip- riding 2 up with my wife and best friend who is sensitive to motion-- I really need to take care of her so that she continues to ride with me-- we had a great ride on the older highways staying off the interstate as much as possible, once on the Silverado Trail it was relatively quiet and we could ride at our pace-- VERY hot through Cloverdale (94 degrees) up to Navarro Forest where it dropped to 60 degrees in the matter of minutes-- I have no idea how others ride (well protected) in the heat-- So happy to live near the coast--

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Seems like a nice group riding up and down the coast. Be kind of fun to plan a day in either August or September, and do a long day. Could either start in Point Reyes after breakfast in the garden at Station House, or further north, head up to Fort Bragg or something. The road from the coast up to Legget is super fun, but that’s making for a long day. But I’m up for anything.
I am up for a coast ride -- maybe a couple of meet up points to collect the group (San Jose-Sac-East Bay-SF-Marin to begin or continue a highway, north and/or south run - I don't mind the inland areas in the fall through spring- just not in the summer--

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
I don't mind long days in the saddle. I'm up for a meet up and ride.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok. So let’s set up a day and route. August? September? I’m in Marin so I’m close to the coast. What works for fellow riders?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Id be up for a ride, im in roseville just east of sac on 80

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok. Looking at Saturday’s. We have August 29, or September 5. Depending on how far you want to ride, we could meet up at Point Reyes, in front of the bakery, or further north, like in Tomales. From there, could go north, up towards Bodega Bay, or even further north, depending on the weather and time, Or head back East towards 101 at some point. I’m game, as long as I’m riding, I’m good. Like everywhere else, other than a few bakery’s, not too many places to stop.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts