BMW K1600 Forum banner

Who has drilled out the middle hole on their Akrapovic’s?

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  MrBreeze 
#1 ·
I’m not looking for more sound or performance, but just aesthetics - when you look at the Akrapovic exhaust on a K1600GT/GTL the middle outlet has the logo laser cut in it which from a distance makes it look closed - and thus only 4 openings. I want to count 6.
Have considered drilling out the end to match the others but I don’t want the sound to be louder.
Anyone done this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Don't they have removable baffles? Thought I had read that somewhere.
Best.

#3 ·
My Akra's are much lighter than stock but don't sound much different than stock. I'm a fan of louder or more exotic sounding.

If there's a way to remove the baffles, I'm all ears! Please do tell! :wink:

#5 · (Edited)
Unfortunately the Akras only have duel outlets, the middle one is purely cosmetic, you cannot drill it out or open it up. And also it is not simple to remove the baffles.

Some photos from elsewhere on this Forum:

I am going to take mine down to an exhaust shop over winter to have them opened up and remove the baffles, and then get the middle baffle matched or removed before rebuilding them. Probably won't make much difference other than sound ...

#6 ·
Thanks Belco. Those pics are great help. I think I’ll just use a little high temp black paint over the logo in the middle port so they look the same from behind.

After 4 days and 1700 miles, I like that they aren’t much louder than stock.
I had the Remus on the B and with the db killers out it sounded AWESOME-just not for all day rides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.