BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 2021 1600K GTL, and I'm looking for accessories. Has anyone purchased Ilium Works accessories? I'm looking at the following items:
1. Adj Highway Pegs
2. Driver Floorboards
3. Rear Guard Bars
4. Side stand Enlargement Plate

I am looking at RKA's tank bag and saddlebag liners.

·
KBiK
1,793 Posts
I have the Illium Works Rear Guard Bars and Side stand Enlargement Plate on my 2015 GT. Very happy with them.

Reactions: Geoff_3

·
Registered
470 Posts
I have a new 2021 1600K GTL, and I'm looking for accessories. Has anyone purchased Ilium Works accessories? I'm looking at the following items:
1. Adj Highway Pegs
2. Driver Floorboards
3. Rear Guard Bars
4. Side stand Enlargement Plate

I am looking at RKA's tank bag and saddlebag liners.
Welcome.

Yes, many here have purchased Ilium Works products.

Where have you looked for these products?

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
All good stuff. You can't go wrong with Ilium. I have the adjustable pegs and tip over bars front and rear, which have been tested. Twice.

Wonderlich is good too. One of the first things I got from them was a enlarged shift peg and an oil cooler guard to protect that radiator from impact craters.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just Ilium Works. I see Wonderlich is another source. I have a 04 Road King and 08 CVO Ultra, so accessories are not limited. BMW is another story!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have the Ilium engine guards, pannier guards and hwy pegs. They are expensive but in my opinion worth it. The nice thing about the engine guards and hwy pegs is they have positioning recessed holes in rear of the guards that prevent them from sliding on the bar once tightened, also the foot part of the peg does pivot on angle for your foot. I like them and glad I got them

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm a 30" inseam and it looks like the adjustable highway pegs are inside the crash bars and come back to me. I have the BMW crash bars. The floorboards are like my floorboards on the HD, the short pegs are not my idea of a foot rest. Not much out there for the BMW 1600, as to accessories.

Who has the RKS liners and tank bag?

·
Q
5,429 Posts
I put their engine guards and highway pegs on shorty after I purchased the bike. I used them alot for the first year of ownership then got so used to the riding position that I rarely if ever use them now. If I bought a new bike I would install the engine guards but forgo the pegs.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Engine guards and pegs on two consecutive K1600s. If I had a 3rd, I would put them on again.

·
Premium Member
2019 K1600GT Sport Edition
308 Posts
I just bought a used set of Ilium engine guards and pegs as a package from a member here. Doubt I will even mount the pegs. I had the stock boards on the B and used them frequently on long trips. With the more upright seating position on the GT and my 30" inseam I can't see the footpegs being as beneficial but will see how it goes.

·
Premium Member
2,361 Posts
I have the rear bag protection bars, engine guard bars, and their pegs that can be adjusted along the bars. I’m pleased with them and like to use the highway pegs on long rides to stretch the legs. I too would purchase again.

·
Upside Down
2,070 Posts
I have the Ilium Works Adjustable highway pegs and love then also have the Rear luggage bars that don't let your passengers leg rub on the bars like some other well-known brands and they don't interfere with the lid of your side luggage bags. See photos below if that's any help.
IMG_0075.jpeg
IMG_0043.jpeg
IMG_0038.jpeg
IMG_0039.jpeg

Reactions: pkpr1998

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Geoff_3-How do you like the heel/toe shifter? What is a fender extender? Great photos, helped a lot. Are not running the Nav 6?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have the Ilium Works Adjustable highway pegs and love then also have the Rear luggage bars that don't let your passengers leg rub on the bars like some other well-known brands and they don't interfere with the lid of your side luggage bags. See photos below if that's any help.
View attachment 149115 View attachment 149116 View attachment 149117 View attachment 149118
The highway pegs and rear crash bars fit very nicely on my 2021 GTL. Good quality and last a long time.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I just installed the 3. Rear Guard Bars on my 19' K16bGA. They felt solid, installed easily, and the online video was informative. I'd recommend.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I have 1,3, and 4. The rear bars are probably the most valuable thing to me. Kept my leg from getting pinched off by an SUV bumper. Strong enough to provide enough stand off distance in the collision. It bent a bit. As you can see, the sidestand enlarger plate stayed on well.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Now that's a motorcycle grave yard!

·
Upside Down
2,070 Posts
Geoff_3-How do you like the heel/toe shifter? What is a fender extender? Great photos, helped a lot. Are not running the Nav 6?
The heel shifter is Ilium Works and I love it. the fender extender is a Wunderlich extender and fits ok, It took about 20 mins max to put the fender extender on as I took the front fender off the heel shifter only took about 6 mins.

·
Upside Down
2,070 Posts
Yes, I have a Nav 5 and Nav 6 and only use the Nav for 4 functions, Range, Speed and tyre pressure front and rear. I had the Nav 5 sold but the guy who was buying it ended up trying to screw me down on the price so lost 2 other sales as I thought he was being honest when he said he wanted it. Lesson learned to sell it to the first person with the money when they want it.
IMG_0086.jpeg

1 - 20 of 60 Posts