BMW K1600 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2018 K1600B GA
70 Posts
I have a new 2021 1600K GTL, and I'm looking for accessories. Has anyone purchased Ilium Works accessories? I'm looking at the following items:
1. Adj Highway Pegs
2. Driver Floorboards
3. Rear Guard Bars
4. Side stand Enlargement Plate

I am looking at RKA's tank bag and saddlebag liners.
Ilium 33-500 bar backs, Ilium 33-300BL rear guard bars, Ilium 33-700 heel toe shifter

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Has anyone had issues with the black powder coat Ilium work products?

·
Registered
491 Posts
What top box rack do you have?
My 2012 had a rack installed that was drilled through the lid. It didn't have any cracks in it, even after the demise of the bike. I didn't trust myself to drill the new case, so I got an Isotta rack. RKA will tell you the rack bag won't work with it, but it does. Just isn't as pretty. Being Army, I'm used to making things work that aren't pretty.

I also have the Isotta side case racks and bags. They are nice, but the bags could do with some sort of inboard attachment method. I haven't loaded them up for a test run, but I don't like looseness.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Just purchased items from Ilium Works.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Received my order and will install this weekend. It's 13 degrees out today, I'm not freezing to install today.

·
Registered
2012 K1600 GTL
3 Posts
I have a new 2021 1600K GTL, and I'm looking for accessories. Has anyone purchased Ilium Works accessories? I'm looking at the following items:
1. Adj Highway Pegs
2. Driver Floorboards
3. Rear Guard Bars
4. Side stand Enlargement Plate

I am looking at RKA's tank bag and saddlebag liners.
I have the engine guard bars with the foot pegs and like them both. Have considered the Rear Guard Bars but haven't pulled the trigger for some reason. The RKA liners are very handy to me and cost effective compared to BMW liners.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just received my rear guard bars today. Surprised how heavy they are. I ordered from Bobs BMW with free shipping. Ilium wanted $60 to ship to Florida with usps, their cheapest rate. No thanks.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Installing Ilium Works accessories. Kickstand enlarger and gear shift enlarger. Need Blue Loctite before installing adj highway pegs. Also, rear crash bars.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Installed highway pegs and floorboards. I'll install the rear crash bars tomorrow. I will say the Ilium Works accessories are easy to install and seam solid. It's 15 degrees here today and my polebarn is only warmed by a wood stove.

Reactions: Goes2fast

·
Registered
2018 K1600GTL
70 Posts
Installed highway pegs and floorboards. I'll install the rear crash bars tomorrow. I will say the Ilium Works accessories are easy to install and seam solid. It's 15 degrees here today and my polebarn is only warmed by a wood stove.

View attachment 149464
You should finish your profile so we know where it's 15 degrees. :ROFLMAO:
It's 2 degrees here right now, very close to record lows. Where is that global warming when we need it? :LOL:

Personally I think liners for the panniers is a waste of money since they are so easy to detach and carry in like a suitcase.

Reactions: RoverDan

·
Registered
9 Posts
Installing Ilium Works accessories. Kickstand enlarger and gear shift enlarger. Need Blue Loctite before installing adj highway pegs. Also, rear crash bars.

Installed my highway pegs a few weeks ago. Freaking LOVE them. It is going to make my long rides so much better. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
All stop, need Torx tools. Heading into town to shop metric and Torx tools. Just following the bread crumbs, Germans and metric. Always wanted to expanded my horizons.

·
Registered
2018 K1600GTL
70 Posts
All stop, need Torx tools. Heading into town to shop metric and Torx tools. Just following the bread crumbs, Germans and metric. Always wanted to expanded my horizons.
You are going to need metric anyway as US cars and trucks are all metric now and have been for a while. My 2003 S10 pickup is all metric. ;)

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Just finished installing all the Ilium Works accessories, very very easy. Now I'm looking to upgrade my rear lighting. Need to buy the OME tail light for the top box and add extra brake lighting. I'm not an electrician, so it needs to be simple, plug and play. I started another thread, thank you for the assistance on this one. BZ!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just finished installing all the Ilium Works accessories, very very easy. Now I'm looking to upgrade my rear lighting. Need to buy the OME tail light for the top box and add extra brake lighting. I'm not an electrician, so it needs to be simple, plug and play. I started another thread, thank you for the assistance on this one. BZ!
I added the OEM top box tail light. Super easy! Plug and play!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
'19 K1600GT Silver/Black/Red
177 Posts
Just received my rear guard bars today. Surprised how heavy they are. I ordered from Bobs BMW with free shipping. Ilium wanted $60 to ship to Florida with usps, their cheapest rate. No thanks.
@Rock - Thanks for mentioning this! I have been planning on buying a pair of rear guard bars at some point this winter, and have been putting it off. I looked at Bob’s after your post and saw that in addition to better shipping rates (no free to AK), they had a $50 off promo. So I saved about $75!!

Love this forum... 😊

·
Registered
2018 K1600GTL
70 Posts
The top box light is a brake light only, not a tail light.

·
Registered
603 Posts
The RKA liners are great. I have had them on my last 3 BMW scoots. Well made and made in America. You will be happy with the Illium guards (engine and panniers) and foot rests!

·
Premium Member
'19 K1600GT Silver/Black/Red
177 Posts
@Rock - Thanks for mentioning this! I have been planning on buying a pair of rear guard bars at some point this winter, and have been putting it off. I looked at Bob’s after your post and saw that in addition to better shipping rates (no free to AK), they had a $50 off promo. So I saved about $75!!

Love this forum... 😊
Update - Bob's shipped it first thing Monday after a Saturday order, and did actually give me free shipping to Alaska. 👍🏻 Great service!!!!

·
Registered
73 Posts

Love this forum... 😊
Update - Bob's shipped it first thing Monday after a Saturday order, and did actually give me free shipping to Alaska. 👍🏻 Great service!!!!
Good deal. I’ve had good luck with Sierra BMW and quick free shipping too. Sierra BMW Motorcycle | Reno - Sparks - Lake Tahoe - Nevada | 775.355.0655

41 - 60 of 60 Posts