BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lots of crash bars on amazon for $200,00 look kind of cheaply made.
Wunderlich lists $570.00 for front and $682.00 for rear bagger.
Prices are off the wall and unreasonable
So wonder what forum members are buying and using?
Any suggestions and recommendations?

I would be interested in used set black if in nice condition.

Ninja

·
Registered
256 Posts
Chinesiums from Amazon/Ebay etc. are probably hit and miss. They might work. Don't know... And I agree, prices for new ones from the more reputable suppliers such as Wunderlich are ridiculous. Hence, keep an eye out on the For Sale section here as they do come for sale every so often.

·
Registered
2022 K1600B Grand America Option 719 Meteoric Dust
115 Posts
I just bought Iliumworks rear bars for $410. Robust, well made, simpler than Wunderlich, more straightforward & all personal preference. T-Rex which are quite a bit cheaper, <$200 but out of stock... I didn't like the one-point connection. Again, personal preference.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I picked up the Isotta rear guards from RK Motorcycles out of Germany. I think it was low 300's shipped. They shipped faster than some popular outlets mentioned frequently on this site. The Isotta's have a real Rube Goldberg set up, but it really wasn't bad.

·
Registered
2022 K1600B Grand America Option 719 Meteoric Dust
115 Posts
I picked up the Isotta rear guards from RK Motorcycles out of Germany. I think it was low 300's shipped. They shipped faster than some popular outlets mentioned frequently on this site. The Isotta's have a real Rube Goldberg set up, but it really wasn't bad.
Yeah I still wanna see pics of those! I like the way the outer portion of the Isotta's are bent down and angled more toward where you'd first contact the ground.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Yeah I still wanna see pics of those! I like the way the outer portion of the Isotta's are bent down and angled more toward where you'd first contact the ground.
I know, I know. Is it simply just drag and drop the pic file or do I have to convert it to something. get frustrated, yell and curse and then call my millennial daughter to do it for me? Lol!!! I can always tect it to you if you want Dave!

·
Mr.Fix It
9,329 Posts
FWIW, 10 years ago I bought the Wunderlich front bars when [they] were pretty much the only game in town. If I needed a set today my only requirement would be that they fit. I wouldn't place too much emphasis on how well they're made. All the crash bars need to do is protect the bike from a very low speed and/or 0 mph drop. I'd rather have the bars bend/crumble vice shearing off the mounting bolts, etc...

Duane

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
2022 MI/KM:
FWIW, 10 years ago I bought the Wunderlich front bars when [they] were pretty much the only game in town. If I needed a set today my only requirement would be that they fit. I wouldn't place too much emphasis on how well they're made. All the crash bars need to do is protect the bike from a very low speed and/or 0 mph drop. I'd rather have the bars bend/crumble vice shearing off the mounting bolts, etc...

Duane
That's true. The only time I've been a actual crash was on my HD when some guy on a honda bike pulled out in front of me and caused the accident. I clipped his front end on the right side of my Harley. Now the HD engine bars are much stronger than the ones for the K bike. All the guard did was bend back, trapping and breaking my right foot. Would have been better off if it had broke off. :cry:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts