BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand new members are interested in joining in which is great. Except bring old stuff forward to get posts is not cool. Tires the Metz have been discussed so much use the search and find out most if not all hate them. Oil, pipes all been discussed. New products or discounts are interesting, but let’s keep the stuff current. Just my opinion, have not been on much lately but the seeing all the old posts are disappointing. Gary

Reactions: garyculb

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Have no problem with the old posts showing up. Search engine is functional and should be used, however. This should happen b4 a post relating to the same issue that's been addressed is brought up. But, so what?

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Your not going to change the internet. It's this way on all the forums I've been on......for motorcycles, RVs, trucks, etc.

The only thing you can do is change your attitude about it or......continue to let it be a thorn in your side.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
As a new owner I understand the interest in finding out about all things related to your new bike. I have been searching and reading through many posts but what is sometimes difficult to find is the final answers. May I suggest that here is a section that is a guide for new owners where they can find answers like; which lights, engine guards, tires, oil to use, etc.. I have seen forums that have a section dedicated to what they consider final answers and you can't post to them, read only. It would resolve new owner asking questions that have been answered.

Of course, these new owners might bring new knowledge that can bring insight into old topics. This they can then post.

Just thought,

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
All I know, is if I do a search, and get multiple, multiple results, I’ll just flat out ask the question. Plus, maybe someone worded the exact same problem a little diffetently. Say, I have a question about rough idle while cold, but the thread regarding it, talks about cold starts...you get the idea.

Plus, honestly, who cares? Relax, it’s the internet...lol.

·
Premium Member
2,416 Posts
So......if someone brings old posts forward they get called out for it.
But, if they post a new thread someone blasts them for not using search to find the answer.

To me, threads complaining about either are more of a problem..........just sayin'.
Yea don't like the threads pass them by...... :nod:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Just my insight to this...I have brought old posts forward because I did use the search to find information about an issue and then posted my experiences to that old post.

·
Registered
48 Posts
So......if someone brings old posts forward they get called out for it.
But, if they post a new thread someone blasts them for not using search to find the answer.

To me, threads complaining about either are more of a problem..........just sayin'.
Yea don't like the threads pass them by...... :nod:

completely agree

Reactions: ResQU

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
Agree with nwmkt on this one. A friend recently purchased a k1600GA. Got the opportunity to see what accessories were available for this K1600. Did not know vendors do not make side splash guards, the Wunderlich kickstand enlarger is to big for the bike striking the frame & that there is a very limited selection of protection bars for the GA & B. Another GA owner got the Remus exhaust. What an amazing sound when accelerating. A sound bite while riding would be great. A 2018 GL owner explained to me that there are different LED roundels & no AeroWings for his bike. Can remember when we were discussing mounts for aftermarket horns & where to put a PDM 60. I guess us old guys who would show & tell are just getting out of fashion?? Best,

Doc:confused::confused:

·
Registered
664 Posts
I understand new members are interested in joining in which is great. Except bring old stuff forward to get posts is not cool. Tires the Metz have been discussed so much use the search and find out most if not all hate them. Oil, pipes all been discussed. New products or discounts are interesting, but let’s keep the stuff current. Just my opinion, have not been on much lately but the seeing all the old posts are disappointing. Gary
^ Isn't this post old stuff? I've read similar complaint more than once

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
So playing the Devils advocate, seven years into the 1600s production there probably is no new stuff. If we could not rehash old topics the forum would come to a stop, as many motorcycles forums have. It's amazing how many I still visit that literally get one or two posts a week. Posts, Not Threads!

·
Registered
664 Posts
So playing the Devils advocate, seven years into the 1600s production there probably is no new stuff. If we could not rehash old topics the forum would come to a stop, as many motorcycles forums have. It's amazing how many I still visit that literally get one or two posts a week. Posts, Not Threads!
Exactly my thinking and my first thought before my post above

·
Registered
664 Posts
Exactly my thinking and first thought before my post above
I'm retired, love my '12 GTL and with plenty of time on my hands have read many, if not all, posts to ~80% of the threads on the forum. I have revisited many of them more than once. This revisit was many times initiated by a forum member's question "How do I.....?; "What.....?", etc. in reference to old stuff. My base bike and my interface with it have gone thru several dozen 'upgrades' and 'upgrades to upgrade' sometimes prompted by the kick back to 'old stuff'. (Note: This is why I will have this bike til it or me dies....I now have what, for me, is the perfect bike. Something new like dynamic ESA with performance of my Wilbers would be nice but would take much more to get a new bike up to where I now have mine. Besides, I'm sure I'd miss her.)

Edit: Haha....just noticed the OP is in 'Canadian and International Riders' forum

·
Mr.Fix It
6,886 Posts
I gotta ask, what’s the humor in the OP being Canadian?

Duane

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
Agreed. Been here since the beginning of this forum so pretty much everything has been covered. Personally have no issues with folks asking a question again. Can always just ignore it.

·
Administrator
17,099 Posts
From my perspective, I'd rather see that someone has taken the time to find an old thread and added their thoughts than to start a new thread with the same questions addressed in an old one. It shows a willingness to research a bit, despite the often cumbersome effort required to find the appropriate old thread.

Or, on the other hand, if a new forum member is having difficulty finding an appropriate older thread to answer a question they may have, asking for help in finding the answers they seek is fine with me.

As to the placement of the OP seems strange. As if the real purpose was to stimulate controversy rather than to ask a question.

·
Administrator
17,099 Posts
Frankly, if one desired to rev-up the forum, revive one of the golden oldies, like where to store a gun on the K1600.

·
Registered
387 Posts
<Scratches head> This is a problem and/or irritant? :surprise:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts