BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
I do like that perspective. What's the real world battery life like on that Gopro?

·
Outta This World
2,033 Posts
wow that road is in rough shape, nice low speed work, I was looking at the empty parking lot thinking it would be a good place to practice and then you pulled in. DQ, good for the soul, bad for the waistline.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
A powered mount would be my preference as well.... Is it mirror mounted as well? Wouldn't mind seeing the set up on the bike.

·
Techmeister
K1600GA
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A powered mount would be my preference as well.... Is it mirror mounted as well? Wouldn't mind seeing the set up on the bike.
I use removable mounts; I do not keep the 360 camera mounted. I do have an Innova C5 on my suit and a twin-camera Blueseasky DV 688 on the bike for always on recording. I will take pictures the next time I am out.

·
Preema
1,258 Posts
I have the DV688 setup permanently running on my bike too. I occasionally take the footage out if there was something interesting, but it's mostly there for evidentiary purposes.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
I have the DV688 setup permanently running on my bike too. I occasionally take the footage out if there was something interesting, but it's mostly there for evidentiary purposes.
So it's pointing backwards to capture the trail of destruction you leave in your wake then? 😂

·
KBiK
1,914 Posts
How long does it take you to process a 30 minute 360 video from the GoPro?

It can hours to process a 5K 360 video from my Insta360 One R using their Insta360 Studio software on my MacBook Pro so I only use it when I am riding interesting sections of road.

I rely on the dual cameras of the BlueSkySea DV688 to record continuously all day. I download the 128Gb card each day to a Western Digital My Passport Wireless Pro on long trips so I have a complete record.

·
Techmeister
K1600GA
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My GoPro uploads automatically to the cloud. I work with the video post-ride, so I cannot say how long it takes. I have to imagine it takes some time due to the sizes I see in the videos.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts