BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After moving up the the K1600GTl from a GL1500, I have been trying to make the ride as comfortable for her as it is exciting for me..so after a quick ride with the new 7Jurock B style 26inch tall, she is very happy.
Much less wind even with it down, Even "pleasant" riding at 75mph on a back road with the screen up.
We have yet to get out on the highway .FWIW

·
Registered
19 Posts
It's good to hear you have found the perfect windshield for your GTL and the height of the two of you.

The stock 22" windshield that came with my GTL was working very well for my comfort and visibility (I am 6'1", but short torso) in full up or down position. But it clearly wasn't working for my partner (5'8" with normal proportions) when fully up. Her helmet was getting buffeted around a fair bit, unless she ducked her head down a couple inches. Earlier this week I mounted a 7 Jurock 24" A style with a flip top. It works great for my partner, even when slightly below fully up. However, it was far too tall for me when fully down. I just ordered a 22" A style with a flip top, which I hope will be the happy compromise. If that doesn't work, I don't know what else to try.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts