BMW K1600 Forum banner

Woolich Racing Tuning

2K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  botus 
#1 ·
I corresponded with Woolich racing yesterday and I have posted their response to offerings for the K1600 below. The offerings they have for BMW are good they just need more demand for the K1600.

If we can get more people to go to their website and submit a support ticket asking for K1600 support maybe we can get some more tuning options other than the current "canned" hand held tuners being offered.

Woolich Racing Contact

Dear Michael Ray,

OK Michael, we do not have this at the moment but may look to add it if there is enough demand in the future.
Would you like top be added to a waitlist so we let you know if and when something becomes available?
Regards
UK Support

#3 ·
Really? You think it's possible and/or simple to add knock sensors and the fueling/timing map from the '22 to older bikes? Dude, you're clueless if you think it's "that" easy...

Duane

#6 ·
the signature of knock is very easily picked up by the very sensors fitted to nearly all BMW bikes, the engine ECU is a common part used across many BMW cars and bikes and has the capability to receive the input from said knock sensors

It would be quite surprising if the loom doesn't already have the plug, but even if not its a simple addition - placement of the sensor might be more challenging - but I expect the engineers developed the bike with knock adjustment and some halfwit accountant left it off to save pennies

before throwing abuse, stop listing to hype and rot on forums and try keeping quiet till you know better ? Bosch knock sensor kit – EFI Parts

#7 ·
@botus , Do you have any idea just how stupid your comments are to others on the forum; Examples: condemning designers for not adding knock sensors when no knock sensors were needed or calming to be physic (can distinguish the molecular contamination of used motor oil using Superman vision), etc...

Probably the greatest depository of K1600 info is this forum and it's members. The former is available to everyone. The latter is a bridge you are quickly burning.

Duane

#10 · (Edited)
@botus , your latest response has absolutely nothing to do with the conversation about knock sensors and '11-'21 K1600 motors. NOTHING. These model year motors did NOT/do NOT have an issue with knocking. What "part" of that do you "not" understand. Come on, I know you're just playing with us, no one is that dense... :)

Oh yea, FWIW, you're wrong, the '22 does not have a single knock sensor, it has 2 knock sensors.

Duane

Reactions: k1610dah
#11 ·
OMG. I think I’ll go for a ride and enjoy the weather.

#12 ·
Lets not argue. The point of this thread was to get more people sending messages to Woolich in hopes we can peak their interest in working on something for the k1600. This has great potential for the whole community. Who wouldn't love to be able to custom tailor the riding modes, fueling, ignition, etc... to ones own personal preference.

#13 · (Edited)
I said mine felt slower after an update - maybe its settling in from an adaptions wipe - but I am confused...

motoscan guy says there's less info to find in later units hence no part numbers to pull for the software in each module (that you used to find on older bikes) and that would follow - as the motoscan app found no change in a before and after look prior to the i-level update when it was in

but just put my GS911 on the bike and got some odd info out... (see bold)

AutoScan : -
Software Version : 2207.2
Data pack Version : 221.120

Factory I-Level : K001-18-07-521
Actual I-Level : K001-22-03-504

Firmware dates here must be when applied, rather than when it became available - as all these are the very date the bike was in the dealership ???

Controller Type : Engine Controller
Controller Name : XBMSMP1
Manufacturer : Bosch GmbH
Manufacture Date (YY/MM/DD) : 18/12/04
Program Count : 3
Program Count Maximum : 60
Firmware Date (YY/MM/DD) : 22/06/17

XFSA : -
Controller Type : Satellite Body Controller
Controller Name : XFSA
Manufacturer : Loewe / Lear
Manufacture Date (YY/MM/DD) : 18/10/27
Program Count : 2
Program Count Maximum : 1024

XDWA : -
Controller Type : Anti-Theft Alarm
Controller Name : XDWA
Manufacturer : META System S.P.A.
Manufacture Date (YY/MM/DD) : 18/11/19
Program Count : 3

XKOMBI : -
Controller Type : Instrument Cluster
Controller Name : XKOMBI
Manufacturer : Preh GmbH
Manufacture Date (YY/MM/DD) : 18/12/17
Program Count : 1

all other modules - some have real later than original firmware dates and indication they were updated, e.g.

XSAF : -
Controller Type : Semi-active Suspension
Controller Name : XSAF
Manufacturer : Temic
Manufacture Date (YY/MM/DD) : 18/11/16
Program Count : 2
Firmware Date (YY/MM/DD) : 19/06/19

I guess no data known as it shows 99/99/99 on 4 modules or so, e.g.

XRDC : -
Controller Type : Tyre Pressure Monitor
Controller Name : XRDC
Manufacturer : Schrader
Manufacture Date (YY/MM/DD) : 18/11/04
Program Count : 0
Firmware Date (YY/MM/DD) : 99/99/99

so 5 never had any updates of which 4 show no firmware date, with my bike having 11 modules

#14 · (Edited)
anyone ever looked at what I'd describe as the insanity of a BMW engine map ?

need to fire up my NAS to see if I have any K1600 ones on a set of DATENs I've got somewhere

funny enough using that software you can get the date and the guy's name and phone number at the factory of who wrote it - I bet the knock sensor software is in the maps - just unused - no way the boys playing at build didn't bother to have a good map when they went out to terrorise the neighbourhood

and can you imagine the guys at Mikuni making carbs for bikes that rode well, ever believe they'd need a needle that could get you this **** ?

Azure Slope Font Rectangle Science
Colorfulness Rectangle Slope Line Font
Rectangle Slope Font Screenshot Electric blue
Rectangle Slope Font Line Technology

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.