BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a two week trip to Arizona to ride in the warm weather, trailering two bikes on an open trailer. On the way back, drove through Colorado snow. Don't think I'm too much of an open trailer fan - at least in
the winter.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Head straight to a car wash and get all that crap off, I guarantee it is everywhere, and no, open trailers are not good in any kind of inclement weather.
I already took them both to a car wash. Now it's time for some garage detailing.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Was that a custom fabricated enclosure?
Yes, I made it out of a piece of aluminum diamond plate with 1" square frame behind it for stability. It did crack at one of the welds up top at the bend but nothing i couldn't fix. I got rid of that trailer and have a bigger one now so I'll probably have to make another deflector this spring.

·
Registered
6,091 Posts
Hasn't anyone ever told y'all that trailers go behind bikes, not underneath them? :D

·
Registered
6,091 Posts
When you don't own a car, you learn how to make do...

·
Registered
6,091 Posts
I don't think I'd have the palate to do that.
Just take off your mirrors, then there's nothing to see. :)

I do have to remember to ride in the center of the lane, and to not split lanes... :cool:

·
Registered
21 Posts
I took a two week trip to Arizona to ride in the warm weather, trailering two bikes on an open trailer. On the way back, drove through Colorado snow. Don't think I'm too much of an open trailer fan - at least in View attachment 139559 the winter.
o_O YIKES !!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts