BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently received dip stick really nice finish. It was recommended from one of our members can’t remember witch one but thanks for posting. I’m not a huge farkler but this is a easy looks great for me item.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Never heard of them making one. Is there a benefit of having that one or is it just for looks?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Never heard of them making one. Is there a benefit of having that one or is it just for looks?
Hoping it will be easier to read level because it is lighter color than oem also key for non tampering and looks great

·
Registered
58 Posts
Wish they had used a site glass. My FJR was simple to check by just looking at the glass.
Probably a reason that they use stick...

·
Registered
344 Posts
Neat. I sorta wish someone made one with a temperature gauge for these bikes, but maybe it’s best that they don’t, lol

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Neat. I sorta wish someone made one with a temperature gauge for these bikes, but maybe it’s best that they don’t, lol
Have seen the very item but can't recall where. Will have a scratch and a think.....

·
Premium Member
357 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,708 Posts
Dipsticks with a metal knob for removal can get pretty hot when you want to pull it out of a hot engine. Just saying.

Reactions: AZK1600GTL

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dipsticks with a metal knob for removal can get pretty hot when you want to pull it out of a hot engine. Just saying.
The key that is used to remove should be enough to stay away from cap plus if I’m checking oil I should have a rag not to big a deal . Well we will see when snow melts and highway does not look like the salt flats.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts