BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
for those needing a quick solution, i recommend the wunderlich screen, it fits perfectly, all you have to do is drill new holes, original ones are hidden under plastic brackets. fitting is very simple, just find vertical position first by alligning the bottom, center left-right, that's it. drill 6 holes and you are ready to go. protection is very good, no turbulence. unbelivable, keeps the required clearance to antenna and mirrors. perfect fit.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thanks - well worth knowing. I tried a Cee Bailey's R1200RT screen but that was never going to fit, the curves were all wrong.

Is this a K1200GT screen on the K1600 - or a R1200RT screen on the K1600?

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it is, as said in the title a wunderlich made r1200rt screen. no difference 2010 or earlier, same screen. actually is prior 2010 but i had it on my former 2010 rt.

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Doru --very nice early mod. What's the riding experience like now with the RT screen on the GT?
well, it's very good. looks like on the rt screen was lower but even so i can look over it if raised another 10 cm or so - i am 1.85 m tall. when full up, i can only see through it. this is a very good quality screen, very thick, i think is 8mm, also curves are ok, no turbulence. it is also wide, protecting the shoulders. original screen was very bad, a lot of turbulence and noise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts