BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,Has anyone fitted a wunderlich rack and sissy bar to there k1600b ? I am struggling to line mine up on the two fittings above the number plate light.If the light was smaller i think it would fit.Pretty sure i have ordered the correct items. Any help would be appreciated.
Doc
20200707_160348 (2).jpg
20200707_160359 (2).jpg
20200707_161122 (2).jpg

·
Registered
267 Posts
I think you might have ordered or got wrong one shipped. From what I seen, the proper one doesn't have a bar that makes contact with the license plate light.
Check out this video too.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ordered through nippy Norman's and the items I received were listed for my bike. Wondering if black is a different design. Definitely if the number plate light was smaller it would fit.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I lifted up with spacers it would not line ..Pictures I have looked at have a smaller number plate light fitting.

·
Registered
267 Posts
If I lifted up with spacers it would not line ..Pictures I have looked at have a smaller number plate light fitting.
Can you post pics of ones that have a bar across that clears the light. Everyone I looked at doesn't have a bar but rather legs on each side of the light.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Ordered through nippy Norman's and the items I received were listed for my bike. Wondering if black is a different design. Definitely if the number plate light was smaller it would fit.
I just looked at the racks for the B @ Nippys, correct me , if I'm wrong, none of them have a light in the pic, as that bar is not gonna clear it.
One rack said it had a wide bar light , which i assume is because they know that bar will not clear the light.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As you see in picture that bike has a smaller light fitting than mine.
20200707_183606.jpg

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Strange. Only thing I can do is lower the number plate and light or buy a smaller light. Very annoying.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Strange. Only thing I can do is lower the number plate and light or buy a smaller light. Very annoying.
I'm not really seeing a light in this pic.
This part WUN-45181-001 says it includes a bar light but i can't locate it in there pic's.
Only solution I see is shortening the light holder on the bike.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Here is a pic of the license plate light and the small spacer I am referring to. The spacer is sitting on top of the bolt in this pic, which is not correct obviously. I wanted to show the spacer size and location. When that bolt is removed the spacer fits flush with the fender.

Did your kit come with a spacer appx that size?

IMO Wunderlich parts are high quality, but their installation instructions and hardware quality leave a lot to be desired. This whole assembly should have been designed to be quick detach. The bolt and spacer R&R should not be necessary.

Zach

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Think i am going to see if i can lower number plate and light.First i am going to take it off to see if it fits properly.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Think this is the light fitting i need and just get it wired in if i cannot lowerthe one that is on the bike.
45160-002_04_web.jpg

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Looking at the following pictures from the Wunderlich site it would seem that the light on the B they are using is of a different style to the one we have on our B (at least here in the UK), so I don't think it can fit, perhaps there are different lights for different markets depending on the size/shape of licence plates?

Last photo is of our UK light which looks like XtBimmer's

·
Registered
229 Posts
Is that a Wunderlich part? I can't find it on the Wunderlich America site. I wonder if it is not sold in the US?

I like it, regardless of my luggage rack fitting or not.

Zach

Think this is the light fitting i need and just get it wired in if i cannot lowerthe one that is on the bike. View attachment 143566
Think this is the light fitting i need and just get it wired in if i cannot lowerthe one that is on the bike. View attachment 143566

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Result. Will be able to lower and re fit number plate and mounting to get it to fit.Will just have to put another reflector on.
20200708_025516.jpg

1 - 20 of 21 Posts