BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD pending payment

Wunderlich Windscreen for K1600GT, GTL, B or B/GA $100 plus shipping. Compare to $457.95 for similar windscreen on Wunderlich's web site: http://www.wunderlichamerica.com/motorcycle/35380101-102.html

This is the light-tinted version with the oval vent hole near the bottom to relieve back pressure. Only used for a few thousand miles, has very light scratches that will probably polish out, I just can't find my polish. No major scratches or anything wrong with it. It is taller and wider than the stock windscreen. It's a great looking windscreen. Here are pictures of a similar screen without the hole mounted on a K1600B and a picture I took of mine with the oval hole after I removed it. It was a bit tall for me unless I used a standard seat or a seat pad that lifted me up a hair. I'm 5' 9-1/2" tall and I like to look over the windscreen. My bike has the factory low seat.

Full disclosure: Wunderlich discontinued this model because of a few complaints that the oval hole caused a whistling sound under certain conditions. Now they sell them without the vent hole. In the few thousand miles I rode with that windscreen installed I only heard it briefly for about 30 miles. I guess the conditions have to be just right. This is a LOT cheaper than probably any other option out there, so it's well worth the try.

Description and fitment information from Wunderlich:

ERGO Windscreen
Fits the following models:

K1600 GT (- 2016)
K1600 GT (2017 +)
K1600 GTL (- 2016)
K1600 GTL (2017 +)
K1600 Bagger (2017 +)
A great deal of testing and development went into the design and shape of this wind screen. Our designers fine-tuned and perfected the shape of this screen by testing it in all weather conditions and at all speeds, including extended full speed tours on the Autobahn. The result is a great windscreen and a nice improvement over the original screen. With greatly reduced turbulence, the Wunderlich ERGO windscreen is the best way to eliminate wind pressure and allow the rider to fully concentrate on riding.

The facts:

Wider and taller than the original windscreen.
Larger gap between the fairing and windscreen, decreasing negative pressure.
Optically pure, 5 mm thick Lexan plastic.
Scratch and shatterproof
Greater dimensional stability.
Lower residual vibration.
Easy to install.
Simply replace the original screen, re-using the original hardware.
Available in a clear or tinted version.
Tested and approved by the German TÜV
Height: 590 mm

Maximum Width: 690 mm

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
Wunderlich Windscreen for K1600GT, GTL, B or B/GA $100 plus shipping. Compare to $457.95 for similar windscreen on Wunderlich's web site: Touring Screen K1600 GT/GTL (#35380101-102) K1600 GT 35380101-102 | BMW Wunderlich America

This is the light-tinted version with the oval vent hole near the bottom to relieve back pressure. Only used for a few thousand miles, has very light scratches that will probably polish out, I just can't find my polish. No major scratches or anything wrong with it. It is taller and wider than the stock windscreen. It's a great looking windscreen. Here are pictures of a similar screen without the hole mounted on a K1600B and a picture I took of mine with the oval hole after I removed it. It was a bit tall for me unless I used a standard seat or a seat pad that lifted me up a hair. I'm 5' 9-1/2" tall and I like to look over the windscreen. My bike has the factory low seat.

Full disclosure: Wunderlich discontinued this model because of a few complaints that the oval hole caused a whistling sound under certain conditions. Now they sell them without the vent hole. In the few thousand miles I rode with that windscreen installed I only heard it briefly for about 30 miles. I guess the conditions have to be just right. This is a LOT cheaper than probably any other option out there, so it's well worth the try.

Description and fitment information from Wunderlich:

ERGO Windscreen
Fits the following models:

K1600 GT (- 2016)
K1600 GT (2017 +)
K1600 GTL (- 2016)
K1600 GTL (2017 +)
K1600 Bagger (2017 +)
A great deal of testing and development went into the design and shape of this wind screen. Our designers fine-tuned and perfected the shape of this screen by testing it in all weather conditions and at all speeds, including extended full speed tours on the Autobahn. The result is a great windscreen and a nice improvement over the original screen. With greatly reduced turbulence, the Wunderlich ERGO windscreen is the best way to eliminate wind pressure and allow the rider to fully concentrate on riding.

The facts:

Wider and taller than the original windscreen.
Larger gap between the fairing and windscreen, decreasing negative pressure.
Optically pure, 5 mm thick Lexan plastic.
Scratch and shatterproof
Greater dimensional stability.
Lower residual vibration.
Easy to install.
Simply replace the original screen, re-using the original hardware.
Available in a clear or tinted version.
Tested and approved by the German TÜV
Height: 590 mm

Maximum Width: 690 mm

PM sent

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
I also sent a PN just in case.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
I have one of these screens, they're great. Depending on the weather conditions and the position of the screen I do hear some noise, not really a whistle just wind noise.

My son is an engineer at a large 3D company and he made me a pretty cool plug out of a simi-rigid material. It shrunk a little during the print process so I use an o-ring to snug it up but it still works awesome. (Waiting on him to print me a a replacement)

Really enjoy this screen over the stock GT.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
I use the same screen but mine is clear. As a side note it works great to calm the Grand America in dirty air. Big difference from OEM shield. I have never heard any noise from the shield.
I wish they still made a clear one. I couldn’t find one on their website, so I asked them. They don’t...not for the K’s. Doh!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Payment received - item is sold. But for some reason it won't let me edit the original post to mark it sold.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
I have one of these screens, they're great. Depending on the weather conditions and the position of the screen I do hear some noise, not really a whistle just wind noise.

My son is an engineer at a large 3D company and he made me a pretty cool plug out of a simi-rigid material. It shrunk a little during the print process so I use an o-ring to snug it up but it still works awesome. (Waiting on him to print me a a replacement)

Really enjoy this screen over the stock GT.
Great ides..how did the plug work out

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts