·
Premium Member
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Despite the MOA Rally being cancelled, wife and I are still planning to go up that week and hope most roads will be open. She has never been up to that part of the country and I haven't been to Glacier.

·
Premium Member
6,610 Posts
@XPLSV , Bernie, 25 June, 6 of us will be going north out of Greybull, WY, up to the KOA in Red Lodge and then heading back south on Beartooth the 26th. Still plan on being in Colorado Springs the evening of 6 July. Hopefully won't need to use your new toy (Weaver tire changer). Either way, we'll share a cold one before booting it back east on the 7th.

Duane

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@XPLSV , Bernie, 25 June, 6 of us will be going north out of Greybull, WY, up to the KOA in Red Lodge and then heading back south on Beartooth the 26th. Still plan on being in Colorado Springs the evening of 6 July. Hopefully won't need to use your new toy (Weaver tire changer). Either way, we'll share a cold one before booting it back east on the 7th.

Duane
Sounds good. My Handy arrived today :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thanks for posting I'm planning a trip to Glacier and Yellowstone starting June 19th and I was just wondering if/when these parks would open. I'm still up in the air if I should cancel or not, don't want to travel 2400 miles from PA and not be able to ride Glacier, Beartooth, Chief Joseph and Yellowstone.

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
My favorite bike trip ever started as an iron butt from NYC to Yellowstone where we camped for a week.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yellowstone, it's reopened, been there a few times on the Harley, sooo much to see, good riding to get there. Glacier Natl, also been there I think 4 times, road to the sun has incredible views. We used the pull offs, take your time taking it in, simply amazing! Bring that good camera. Stayed at different places in the area, the best was Many Glacier Lodge. Pricey. While the others were hanging at the bar on arrival, I jumped on my bike and explored. Got some great photos no one else got, the lodge has great history. For a run from the lodge the next morning, we were warned, watch for the bears. Bring someone slower that you, lol.

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yellowstone, it's reopened, been there a few times on the Harley, sooo much to see, good riding to get there. Glacier Natl, also been there I think 4 times, road to the sun has incredible views. We used the pull offs, take your time taking it in, simply amazing! Bring that good camera. Stayed at different places in the area, the best was Many Glacier Lodge. Pricey. While the others were hanging at the bar on arrival, I jumped on my bike and explored. Got some great photos no one else got, the lodge has great history. For a run from the lodge the next morning, we were warned, watch for the bears. Bring someone slower that you, lol.
Was looking up the Many Glacier Lodge and saw info that they Glacier National Park lodges are re-opening on June 15, 2020.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Thanks for posting I'm planning a trip to Glacier and Yellowstone starting June 19th and I was just wondering if/when these parks would open. I'm still up in the air if I should cancel or not, don't want to travel 2400 miles from PA and not be able to ride Glacier, Beartooth, Chief Joseph and Yellowstone.
i would think (looking at historical dates for road to the sun) it will be hit or miss if it will be open (not sure how long you are planning on being out west)
2016 June 16
2015 June 19
2014 July 2
2013 June 21
2012 June 19
2011 July 13
2010 June 24
2009 June 26
2008 July 1
2007 July 2

·
Premium Member
1,197 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
i would think (looking at historical dates for road to the sun) it will be hit or miss if it will be open (not sure how long you are planning on being out west)
2016 June 16
2015 June 19
2014 July 2
2013 June 21
2012 June 19
2011 July 13
2010 June 24
2009 June 26
2008 July 1
2007 July 2
I'm leaving PA 19 June and arriving at Glacier the 23rd or 24th of June, stay until the 30th and head to Yellowstone on 1 July.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Despite the MOA Rally being cancelled, wife and I are still planning to go up that week and hope most roads will be open. She has never been up to that part of the country and I haven't been to Glacier.

You will not regret riding Glacier Park. I have driven, ridden and rode the shuttle across.
My advise is ride Going to The Sun west to east, you are closer to the guard rail where there is one !!!! and farther from
the water falling from the cliff face.
Start at West Glacier and ride to East Glacier.
I like to go mid week if at all possible.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did the Yellowstone-Grand Teton-Glacier trip back in 2014. Need to get back out there on the new bike one of these years.

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Looks like a number of folks are going despite the rally being canceled. My wife and I along with a riding buddy and his other half are doing the same. Was hoping to go into Canada to see Lake Louise and possibly spend a night in Toad Rock, but it appears Canada is out. Especially since my wife's renewed passport still has not come back from sending it in, back in February. We are only keeping a loose idea of what we want to do, and are leaving things open for day-to-day decision making. Would be nice to run into a few of you up there next month!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts