BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my upcoming trip to Yellowstone it has been recommended that I stay at the Yellowstone Inn. As I'll be traveling with a buddy and without our wives, the luxury of our stay is secondary to finding two rooms at the best place in the park using location for our explorations as a guide. My Yamaha riding buddy is an El Cheapo rider but I'll press the issue if there is a special place worth staying at. Any and all thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
You won't find a "cheap" place near Yellowstone. Even the KOA Campground is $50 per night. I did that for 2 nights last year on the West gate, and stayed in a great cabin near the East Gate called "Crossed Sabers" a fantastic place for around $200 per night. It rained all night, I loved it.

I'm doing Alaska for the entire month of July, we hope to meet other riders up there. We rented a room in a house in Anchorage for $250 per week. We have it for 2 weeks.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
28 Posts
On my upcoming trip to Yellowstone it has been recommended that I stay at the Yellowstone Inn. As I'll be traveling with a buddy and without our wives, the luxury of our stay is secondary to finding two rooms at the best place in the park using location for our explorations as a guide. My Yamaha riding buddy is an El Cheapo rider but I'll press the issue if there is a special place worth staying at. Any and all thoughts would be appreciated.
I'd stay in Cody or Jackson. They are each about an hour outside the park. Lots more places to eat and stay. And the rooms are way better. I have a vacation place in Cody, so maybe I am a little biased ...

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
I camped in the Park, it was great

1 - 5 of 5 Posts