BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I havnt had much luck finding the color code for my 2012 GT. I want to purchase a top case and can't decide if it is light grey metallic or light white uni. It doesn't look very metallic to me. As a reference I installed an old top case I had and it is white. From a distance it does not look much different. Any tips or advice are appreciated.

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
Color codes is usually on the VIN. You just need to decipher the Vin. I stand corrected..... Maybe BMW doesn't do it like other Manufactures

Found this on google:

Every BMW motorcycle, and cars too, is coded with a three-digit paint finish code number. BMW motorcycles use that code number, usually found on a label under the seat, on the seat pan or top of the rear fender to refer to an over-all paint job. This is a finish code; covering the entire paint job.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tips guys.
I looked in those 3 locations but didn't find a tag. But when I had the passenger seat off I could see the back of the side trim piece and there was a tag there that clearly had N38 on it which is Light Grey Metallic.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Email MAX BMW - [email protected] . Provide your VIN, they'll be able to tell you.

Also, I had the same bike/color. If memory serves me right, in 2012 only the light grey metallic was available in that (what appears to be white to me) color.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts