BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
How could the cables be that tight with the bike traveling in a straight line? Maybe there is something obvious I'm missing, but it doesn't seem logical.
I'm the guy that redid my cables and wiring and the bike goes dead straight now and it used to have a nasty pull to the left.

·
Registered
2017 Campagna T-Rex 16S ( K1600 )
16 Posts
Check the rear tire alignment. The front and rear tire must be perfectly aligned to run a Streight line. If the rear is slightly turned more to the right the bike will turn left. You can check this with a string line running down both sides of the tires with the bike upright. If there is more weight on the left side or if you tend to sit more on the left the bike will also want to go left. Worn tires can also cause this issue.

·
Registered
2016 K1600GT/ 2020 R nine T Pure
19 Posts
I had the same issue big time. Got new Michelins and problem solved. There was an amazing amount of uneven wear on the old front tire. Now it tracks fairly straight even with no hands. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Hi Guys! I just took my 2021 K1600 GTL from Ohio to Louisiana and back. Zero rain on the way there, 100% rain on the way back. I did about 2500 miles on it in 12 days...

No matter what the road conditions... I noticed the bike wants to constantly gravitate to the left and I find myself continually adjusting my trajectory which becomes tiring after a while. As odd as it sounds when I take my right knee off the tank and kind of wing it out I get a slight less left pull.

I really dig this bike but the left pull takes some of the enjoyment away from the experience...

Any work around? Thanks for reading....
Sadly there is only one thing to do. Take the bike back to the dealer as soon as humanly possible. Read my post "Time to fix major issue" which amongst other things deals with the left pull. Sorry to be so direct but most dealers will deflect and stall until you are too frustrated or you are forced into a corner.

The bike was not designed or approved to pull left, also do not accept the BMW HQ BS that says the bike wasn't designed to be ridden hands off which, is a common way of testing the pull and reporting it. Been there and have the badge. Any retort to any excuse is "Was the bike designed to Pull Left and was the design approved to do this". There is no answer other than "No".

Good luck, stand your ground and do not accept anything other than a replacement asap.

Ps I note several here who say change the tyres. Yes I've been there too. It may temporarily fix or temper the issue. However it will NOT correct the cause and as soon as the tyres are worn the Pull will return. Again I have the badge for that one as well.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts